Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I'm a Barbie girl...


I have always been a makeup loving girly-girl. At an early age I was producing runway shows starring me and my cousins all done up and wearing my aunt's lingeries. We put baby oil in our hair, my cousin's was all cool and Jheri curly, while mine consfusingly hung in a limp straight wall over the white satin ribbon I had tied across my forehead. Why didn't mine look like the pretty girl in the Thriller video?
If it weren't for the ugly people in the world I could post pics and we'd all have a laugh at the silly, innocent postulating of little girls who could have penned the Pussycat Dolls' "When I Grow Up", which I sternly disapprove of for anyone under the age of 16. So, back then there were two things that rocked my universe...
(Well, 3. Let's not forget Menudo. sigh.)

Barbie and makeup... Win-win. The geniuses at Stila and Barbie came together to thrill those same little girls strutting to what was most likely Hall and Oate's Maneater.

I'm a little heart broken like when I was little and watched the commercials unsure if I was actually going to get it or not. We'll see if I can manage to swing myself a little treat.

Stila
Barbie Loves Stila Paint Can - 1959 #1 Ponytail Doll

What it is:
A can packed with all you need to get a Barbie-full look.

What it does:
Stila Barbie Loves Stila Paint Can - 1959 #1 Ponytail Doll is modeled after the first Barbie doll—with striking red lips and black-rimmed cat eyes, this doll is the epitome of 1950s glamour. The three-pan palette contains eyeshadows, a cheek color, and matte red lipstick so you can create the iconic look with just one kit at your fingertips.

What else you need to know:
In this collection, created to celebrate Barbie's 50th birthday, each paint can features the look of an iconic Barbie doll from the past five decades. Inside each can is everything you need to get that beautiful Barbie doll's signature look. The Barbie Loves Stila paint can also includes a "Barbie Look Book" that includes a history of each top-selling Barbie doll over the last five decades.

This set contains:
- 3 Pan Palette with a deep blue eyeshadow with white shimmer, a matte black eyeshadow, and a luminous coral cheek color
- Lip Color in Ponytail (matte cherry red)
- Liquid Eye Liner in Black

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home