Monday, May 11, 2009

Through a Mother's Eyes

Innocence
Everlasting promises in your gentle newborn eyes
A thankful vessel I have been,
Fully aware that I carry the future in me
The future and the future and the future til the end of time and after
My child will live and give life
Today I look into your pools of light and fill them with loving smiles
Today, I scoop you, a small warm bundle of vulnerability into my arms
I press my cheek to your moist little mouth and rub my nose softly on yours
You belong to all
Past Present Future
But in this moment you are mine alone to embrace

All mother’s say it,
But you are truly the most beautiful child ever born
I pray
Abba
Teach me to raise Him as you will Him to be
Then I remember…
Although I never altogether forget
He is He
Gently but firmly
Tighter I hold
He is not mine but the world’s as no other child has ever been
I behold my Blessed Father
Tears of thanksgiving raise up in my eyes.
Emotion wells up in silent prayer
I love you, Lord.
I am but your humble servant
My child will be the man upon who’s shoulders the government will rest.
Wonderful counselor, wise healer, loving son, giving friend
In those words live my deep joy
Eternal Father
Thick foreboding
A thrill of terror runs through me
How will the world receive Him?
Will he suffer at the hands of those who don’t see him as He is
But as they are?

At this moment
Bubble of laughter dance up
Soft hands wrap around my finger
The fear subsides
Those are not questions for me
My purpose, He reminds me by opening his arms wide
Is simply to love Him

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Eve said...

Beautiful. Thank you for this. I'm so glad I found your blog today.

July 20, 2009 at 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home